The Wait is Over....

  The time has come to show the anxiously awaited photos, using Pat Wright's tips and tricks. Along with my photos, I will explain which rules I used! Let me know what you all think!


With this photo I used the rule of thirds, by having my subject to one side. I also played with my lighting by having my light in the photograph. I did this to create a different shadows with in my composition. One thing I did, but was not in the rules, was having a composition with in a composition. Her mirror could be another composition.

In this photo I played around with my angles. I was sitting and laying on the floor, while they were higher up. I also used implied lines, because their eyes are looking at something that makes the viewer want to know more. I also held my hand steady to make sure the photo was clear.
This photo I played with the orientation. I captured this photograph landscape versus portrait, because I wanted to capture the diagonal lines that are created by the table and her body. With this photo, I also use the editing tools on my phone to brighten and make the blue pop more.
In this next photograph, I tried to fill my frame wisely. I did not want to much negative space. I climbed on a stool to get the birds-eye view of the subject. When I took the initial
photo, I switched my filter to give it more of an artist feel. This would go along with switching lenses, but since I only had an iPhone switching filters is similar. I used the rule of thirds, because if you divide the frame into a grid the main focuses are on the points.
I zoomed in to eliminate unnecessary space, and to capture the detail in what the artist was throwing. I again used a filter to give a more artistic feel to the photo. I played with different angles; as I was taking the photograph I placed my phone over her hands, while I was zoomed in.
With this photograph, I tried different angles as well. I was squatting while she was standing. I also used different lighting, because there was a window to the left of her. The lighting created different shadows across her face and body. I, again, used the same filter as the previous two photos. I also used the rule of thirds, because she is not directly in the center of the photograph.
On all of these photos, I took many shots. After I was done shooting I had a total of 36 photographs on my phone. I mentioned this in the second photo, but I tried to keep my hand still so the shot was not fuzzy for all of the photographs.

Comments