Shot-List for My 180-Degree Rule Video

In class we watched a few clips on how to make and produce a good video. After we watched all the clips we then picked a rule to shoot a video on. This video is going to be an informational video explaining our rule. I chose the 180-degree rule, and I am planning to have a dramatic scene explaining the rule. It is about two friends who are having a debate about how they should shoot the film. This is my shot-list of how I think I want things to happen in my film.


Scene #
Shot type
Action/ Line
1
Two shot
Sav and Shay sitting down having a serious and intense conversation/ debate
2
Over the shoulder shot to Sav
Sav is trying to convince Shay to do something. Sav says “We have to do it.” Says almost like they have to do something illegal
3
Pan to shay in single shot
Shay is in distress saying “No! We can’t!”
4
Two shot
Sav is still trying to convince shay; “No. We have to do this”
5
Over the shoulder shot of shay
Shay is in distress trying to talk sav out of breaking the 180 degree rule. “No! We cannot break the 180 degree rule. It will make our film unorganized and messy.”
6
Two shot
Shay is still in distress trying to talk Sav out of it. “We must stay on this side of the line!”
7
Pan to view of Sav
Sav is a little confused and irritated because she doesn’t see the line that shay is talking about. “What line? I do not see any lines anywhere.”
8
Pan to shay
Shay trying to convince sav that they need to follow the rule. Shay is still in distress but a bit annoyed that sav doesn’t understand. “There is an invisible line between us! If we shoot from over there (points to other side of her and sav) and over here (makes motion to indicate toward the camera) our film will not look right. It will confuse the audience and make them think we are in 2 different locations when we are not.”
9
Two shot
Sav calms down and processes what shay said. “I guess that makes sense. We do not want to confuse our audience on where we are, plus I want us to have the best film! So we should follow the 180 degree rule. I guess you were right shay.”
10
Pan to shay or Over the shoulder to Shay
Shay is not surprised and knew she was right the whole time. “I know!”

Comments