Living in the Digital World

The first piece that we read was an interview with Richard Lanham. He was discussing our attention economy. He pointed out that we have too much information and that we do not know what to do with all of it. I think this statement is true because I know that I find myself with loads of information and not knowing what to do with it. I also know that some of my friends struggle with this too. He also touches on that he published his book electronically, and how Sony has almost invented a device strictly for reading online.

The second piece of information we had to read was from was a chapter from a book that Dr. Nichols helped write. He mentioned how instructors are limiting us in our research by requiring us to use peer-reviewed sources only, rather than us going out and determining if a source is reliable or not. This article also touched on aggregation and curation using Flipboard and Pinterest. I liked how he gave the example of the assignment in this chapter, it almost seems too familiar.....

Both of these articles talk about how technology has become relevant in the past few years. I really enjoyed both of these articles because they are relevant to today's world.

Comments