S.W.O.T. Team

S.W.O.T. is an acronym that stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Strengths and weaknesses are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external factors. Strengths and weaknesses are your personal strengths in weaknesses, while opportunities and threats affect a situation or a goal you are wanting to reach. It is good to know your own S.W.O.T., because it will help you when you go to interview for a job. Take some time to think on what your S.W.O.T. is. I have mine listed below.

S: My strengths are that I try to make every situation a positive one, I am very comfortable with speaking in front of a large group of people, and I work very well with others.

W: My weaknesses are I cannot always get across what my vision is to others, I am forgetful if I do not write things down, and sometimes I speak before I have completely thought through what my point is.
    *In interviews, touch on your weaknesses but also state how you are working on them.

O: My opportunities are since I am a student athlete, it has taught me that I can do anything if I set my mind to it. Another opportunity, is that there are internships that will help me get a foot in the door to the radio industry.

T: My threats are that there are not many jobs for being a radio host anymore, and that those companies normally hire within the company. Also, most radio stations are controlled by one company so I may have to move out of state.

Comments