You've Been Rick Roll'd

    Rick rolling was a popular prank when the internet first came out. The sender would say a link would go somewhere and when the receiver clicked on the link it would take them to a music video (titled Rick Roll), not the link that was mentioned. I wanted to see if people still got entertainment out of this, so I decided to put it to the test.
    I sent my parents an email saying that the team had some new gear that they could order. I put a hyperlink to the Rick Roll video in the email, so when they clicked on the link it would take them to the video and not the gear. My mom texted me back very confused. She kept saying the link was broken and it took her to Youtube. I then explained to her what the assignment was and she got a good laugh out of it.
      I also sent the Rick Roll'd hyperlink to my dad. He called me and said, "I was doing my usual drive and checking my emails, and I saw that you all got new gear. Then I clicked on the link and it took me to Youtube, do you even know the song you linked me? You weren't even born." I explained to him what the assignment was and he laughed. He also said, "Ahhhh, so they are teaching you all the old email scam where you click here and give me all your money."
    The overall reaction of the Rick Roll was great. My parents got a laugh out of it and so did I.


Comments

  1. My dad was the same way! He thought it was funny that we were doing the prank with this older song. He even said he might end up doing it to his partners this week. I love how you posted the texts with your mom, that is funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment